Here is the most likely situation: You started creating your Drupal platform by just adding modules to "sites/all/modules" and later decided to create a profile for your setup. You have a couple of sites running on the old version and a couple sites running on the new version. You decide to move the old sites to your nifty new profile. This is where the trouble begins.
I have been experimenting with Bootstrap to see what all the hype is about and so far I am pretty impressed. On the path that took us from
bgcolor="black" to CSS to Grid Layouts, this seems like a natural next step.
Drupal.org project page: https://drupal.org/project/simple_package_tracking
I created the Simple Package Tracking module for Drupal in response to a need at my job to reduce the number of phone calls related to people wanting to know where there order was. Also, I needed the process of entering tracking numbers to be so easy that anyone could do it without it taking more than half an hour.
My wireless keyboard had become basically unusable. After having several sodas and coffees spilled on it, some of the keys were stuck and sometimes they would make it impossible to use the computer because they would fire repeated key press signals. Eventually it got to the point where I had to remove the batteries to prevent it from interfering with using the mouse. My stepson hooked up a wired keyboard that he wasn't using, which quickly became a nuisance because it would be left on a side table and the cords would block the path across the room.
Finally, it became clear that something needed to be done. I didn't feel like shelling out the $100+ for another good wireless keyboard, so I decided to try and clean the one that I have. Here are the steps that I took:
Here is a debugging function that I use when I am not working in Drupal. I am spoiled by the Devel module and
dpm() so I wrote this to make it easy to inspect my variables.
This week it seems like I spent a lot of time working on ways to improve the UI of Drupal. I have found that one of the most time-consuming aspects of Drupal development is modifying the out-of-the-box elements to meet a client's requirements or to make it more intuitive for the end user. This week, specifically, I was figuring out how to implement the Masked Input jQuery plugin and Drupal module. For more details on some of the technical issues I ran into, see my post on Stack Overflow.